2019 Induction Ceremony & Reception
The UF Chapter of Delta Omega, Beta Upsilon, held its annual luncheon and inductions of new members on May 2 at Emerson Alumni Hall. The keynote speaker William Foege, MD, MPH, is a physician and epidemiologist credited with designing the strategy that led to the eradication of smallpox. Today, he serves as Emeritus Presidential Distinguished Professor of International Health, Emory University’s Rollins School of Public Health. View photo gallery
- The honorary member inductee was Dr. Sonja Rasmussen, Joint Professor in the Departments of Pediatrics and Epidemiology.
- The faculty inductee was Dr. Eric Nelson, Assistant Professor in the Departments of Pediatrics and Environmental and Global Health.
- Five new alumni members were inducted: Shantrel Canidate (MPH in SBS, ‘12), Lisa Chacko (MPH in PHMP, ’05), Jennifer Fiddner (MPH in Epi, ’09), Blosmeli Leon-Depass (MPH in PHMP, ’14), and Kiarash Rahmanian (MPH in SBS, ’15).
- Eight new graduate student members were inducted: Alyssa Berger (MPH in Epi, ’19), Samari Blair (MPH in SBS, ’19), Maria Bolanos (MPH in SBS, ’19), Benjamin Caoili (MPH in EH, ’19), Andrew Manhan (MPH in Epi, ’19), Cynthia Miller (MPH in PHP, ’19), Omari Richins (MPH in PHMP, ’19), and Meagan Sullivan (MPH in SBS, ’19).
- Three new undergraduate student members were inducted: Hannah Douglas (BPH, ’19), Brionna Everitte (BPH, ’19), and Ryan Romero (BPH, ’19).
- Ms. Gay Koehler-Sides, HIV/AIDS Program Coordinator for the Alachua County Department of Health, was recognized with the Public Health Champions Award.